Sunday, September 21, 2008

IPOD Journeys
Three weeks ago (has it been that long?): noticed the new Ipod caused me to be more excited to get up early in the morning to exercise before my husband leaves for work.
Two weeks ago: realized I could tuck it into my shirt at work and have my own soundtrack for my day, which was handy since the overhead music went out that week.
Last week: I loaded a "hurricane" mix of songs that we listened to in the kitchen while entertaining our friends, while I baked up goodies, and in the bedroom while the adults played
Today: my youngest sister came over with her birthday gift for me, an I-Tunes card for more music for the new Ipod.
So I changed up the playlist a bit.
Here's what I'm listening to now:
Alternative jams: Pearl Jam, Nirvana, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Sublime, Green Day, The Offspring, Metallica, Matchbox Twenty, Stone Temple Pilots, Linkin Park
Classic Rock: Eric Clapton, Tom Petty, Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd, Bob Dylan, Neil Young, Aerosmith, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Johnny Cash, Bruce Springsteen (more), Lenny Kravitz, Fleetwood Mac, Jimi Hendrix
Old School New Wave: The Cure, Depeche Mode
Rap: Beastie Boys (more), Eminem, Snoop Dog (less)
Chick Rock/Dance Music: Indigo Girls, Melissa Etheridge, Pussycat Dolls, Fergie, Nelly Furtado, Justin, Britney, Shakira, Colbie Callait, 10000 Maniacs,
Folk: Gypsy Soul, Jacob Johnson, Joe Cassady & West End Sound, Rusted Root. Kerouac reading excerpts of his writings.
Classic Country: Waylon Jennings, David Allan Coe, Hank Williams Jr., Willie Nelson
Go ahead. Put me in a box, give me a label. Give it a try, I dare ya!

3 comments:

The Writer said...

Glad you're enjoying the IPOD! I've been thinking about getting one for the husband for a while now so let me know how you do with it!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear

Josh said...

I'll give you a label, "Random". How's that? It sounds like you are getting the most out of your ipod. I pulled mine out today and listened to a few of my own selections. Unfortunately, I won't be taking it into the bedroom. Boo H00.

The Writer said...

Okay, you and I seriously need to have a geek meeting because your slide show is great too...and I'm about to crash that because I think I might actually be able to figure it out!

If nothing else, Bear is all about play!

Happy wandering!

The Writer...and her dog, Bear