Sunday, March 01, 2009

Funny GIRL
Some people say I don't have a sense of humor. They think I am too serious, or don't laugh enough at their jokes, or need to lighten up. I don't think that it means I don't have a sense of humor.
Because I know I do. I make myself laugh all the time.
Sometimes writing geocaching logs online cracks me up. I am totally amused by what I write, but it is a joke with no audience, nobody else to let in on the punchlines.
So I am going to let you in the joke. If I make you laugh, let me know...in a comment, or email, or in a message from your geocaching profile....

hardings couldn't find K's Cache (Traditional Cache)
This cache is giving me an existential crisis. Like, I am standing there in what appears to be an empty field with nothing but questions. Who am I? Am I K? Do I know K? What am I doing standing here looking at mud with a GPSr in my hand? Am I really a geocacher? I reach for clues but no one answers the phone. I start to wonder if it is a puzzle instead, and I wonder why a likely spot seems so far away from my self. My accurary reads at 16 ft, but I have no idea who and what I am. Until I find my true self, I might not be able to find the cache. Alas, I must leave this place and seek my soul to find the answer to this quest. I will be back, but by then I will have been changed ever so slightly and perhaps only then will I discover the true meaning of where this cache is, and what it all means.

February 8 by
hardings (1349 found)
So, it was a dark and windy night...evening...well, around dusk. We stopped to grab this one on the way back from Austin. The wind whipping through the trees made an ominous sound as I made my way along the geotrail and around the briar bushes. A large bird suddenly took off above my head, the wings of an owl flapping along with the mysterious "ooo-ooo". I was getting a little spooked. As I reached over to grab the cache, I let out a spooky sound of my own, of a bit more odiferous nature. After that, I didn't hear any spooky sounds. I think I accidentally stumbled upon the trick to keeping ghosts at bay....took the Tb tag. Thanks for a nice gas..uhm...cache.


And one more...

February 12 by hardings (1350 found)Came by after work. Did I mention I was blonde? that kind of handicaps me sometimes, like today. I saw the gate was locked but also noticed a break in the fence on the right. It was the skinny test, and I took it, and was failing miserably. I kept trying to squeeze through but my female parts were in the way and no matter how much I sucked in, they weren't getting any smaller! After bumping my finger painfully, I decided to look for another way, and that is when I noticed the people gate next to the main gate, which was not locked. Did I mention I was blonde? After that, it was a matter of getting over and approaching from the right direction to be able to spy it, sign the log, and walk off brushing leaves out of my hair and nursing my hurt finger. It's better now, and I got the cache, so hey, thanks for the find.

No comments: